The great thing about jewelry is that most items are not season-specific, meaning that if you select the right pieces, you will be right in line with various style trends year-round. But the key to getting that relaxed autumn-ready look is to accessorize with your more fall-colored jewelry. And if you are looking to add new pieces to your jewelry collection this autumn, knowing the latest seasonal trends beforehand can be of great assistance.
Whether you’re into fashion or like to wear something sparkly only on weekends, you’ll want to check out the following trends in autumn jewelry in Sterling Heights, MI. Here’s a short guide to 2017’s fashionable fall jewelry styles, materials and stones:
- Opals: October is at the start of fall, and opals just happen to be the birthstone of October. This classically lovely stone has become a popular choice for engagement rings for the younger generation, but you can wear opals everyday. Earrings, a necklace, a bracelet—just wear it! To really fit into the season, look for opals in rustic settings, which pair well with the stone’s iridescent quality.
- Pearls: While pearls may seem plain on their own, they always seem to make a statement as jewelry. This autumn, give pearls a chance! Single pearls make beautiful necklace pendants, or you can try out a delicate full-length precious metal ear cuff with a large round pearl on one end and a smaller round one on the other. Also trending this season is a single pearl placed in the center of a square ring setting.
- Crystals: From sparkling rings to chandelier earrings, crystals are all the rage this fall. The best part of crystal jewelry? You can wear it with just about any outfit, be it casual or formal, which makes it a great choice to complement your fall layers. Crystals that best fit the season include amethyst, tourmaline, citrine and topaz—mix and match for extra boldness.
- Statement rings: Making a comeback this fall are statement rings. Both women and men can accessorize with statement rings, as boldness knows no gender. Basically, these rings have oversized stones and thick metal bands. They are attention grabbers when worn alone, or can be layered with your delicate, thinner, gold or silver ring bands.
- Anklets: You might think of anklets as a summer accessory, but there’s still time to wear them throughout the autumn months. Made of simple metal chains or with stones, wear these with slip-ons or strappy high heels.
Gift giving season is right around the corner!
The arrival of autumn is like a seasonal “save the date” for the upcoming holidays. So, why not browse the jewelry counter now for the best Christmas gifts for your loved ones? Start looking early to find that perfect jewelry gift, and don’t forget to take advantage of all those fall sales!
For the finest selection of jewelry in Sterling Heights, MI, look no further than Howard’s Fine Jewelry. Our team can help you pick out your new favorite piece of autumn jewelry, and we’re ready to guide you through some early Christmas shopping, too!