Looking to get some last-minute Christmas shopping done? Then come on out to Howard’s Fine Jewelry! We can promise you you’ll find the best jewelry prices in town in Sterling Heights, MI at our store, with a level of quality supported by our 70 years in business helping the people of our region with all their jewelry needs.
Here are just a few tips to help you find the perfect jewelry gift this Christmas:
- Make it practical: While it can be nice to have something for very special occasions, many people who wear jewelry like to have something they’d wear on a daily basis. Think hoops, rolling bracelets, charms on long chains or anything else that can go with daily attire.
- Avoid the big brand names: It’s always better to support local businesses and avoid going to the big brand name jewelers when you can. Most of those larger stores have higher prices because they’re spending more money on their advertising and awareness activities. When shopping at a smaller store, you’re supporting local business owners who take a tremendous amount of pride in their craft and their work. This goes for brand name jewelry as well—just because something has a familiar brand name and costs more does not mean it’s any better than a brand name you’re unaware of.
- Look for birthstones: Jewelry that features the gift recipient’s birthstone is always a meaningful gesture. There are plenty of birthstones and semi-precious stone alternatives that will be impressive, beautiful and meaningful.
- Get advice: If you’re not particularly knowledgeable about jewelry, then it makes sense to seek the advice of someone who is. Fortunately, a skilled jeweler will be able to answer any questions you have and make some specific recommendations for you based on what you think you might be looking for. Jewelers in smaller shops are much more likely to provide unbiased advice than jewelers in big brand name stores that are angling hard for a commission.
- Bring a friend or family member: If you’re buying for a specific person, it can be a good idea to bring a friend or family member along who knows their tastes and can give you a second opinion on items you’re looking at. Though everyone is going to have different tastes, it can help to have another person with you to bounce ideas off of.
- Look at pearls: Pearls are a perfect complement to just about all types of styles, and they’re nowhere near as expensive as diamonds. There are multiple grades of pearls to choose from, meaning you have various price points to accommodate any budget, but if you’re looking for a necklace, then pearls are a solid idea.
For more information and tips about purchasing jewelry this Christmas season and in the months ahead, we encourage you to contact the experts at Howard’s Fine Jewelry today. Remember, Howard’s Fine Jewelry has the best jewelry prices in town in Sterling Heights, MI, so come on down today before the holiday is over!